Thursday, February 01, 2007

This put a smile on my face.


I'm not sure how much people are aware of the Adult Swim debacle, but I found it quite funny.

Apparently, in an effort to promote one of their top shows, Cartoon Network's adult swim placed LED light displays of characters from "Aqua Teen Hunger Force" in conspicuous locations throughout several cities in the US. Boston didn't take kindly to it.

That's right. Major thoroughfares were shut down and bomb squad technicians brought in to dismantle what is essentially a Lite Brite.

But wait! It gets better! The promotional materials also scared some in the media!
The displays, featuring the Mooninites characters making "obscene gestures" proved too much for some.

1 comment:

Justaguy said...

My first thought in hearing this was, my God Mike must be paralyzed with laughter over this.
If that's all it takes to put a city like Boston on high alert, its amazing that American hasn't been knocked over by a strong breeze.
Oh wait...